Publications in the past five years
- Dyll, L. & Tomaselli. K.G. (2016) Rethinking the researcher-researched relationship: Research participants as prodsumers. Communicare: Journal for Communication Sciences in Southern Africa, Vol. 35(1), 1-20.
- Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2015) Development narratives: the value of multiple voices and ontologies in Kalahari research. In Tomaselli, K.G and Wessels, M. (eds.) San Representation: Politics, Practice and Possibilities. London and New York: Routledge, 57-76.
- Dyll-Myklebust, L. & Zwane, D. (2015) Uncovering barriers to bilharzia prevention communication in Ugu district, South Africa: Lessons learned through participatory communication, Communicare: Journal for Communication Sciences in Southern Africa, 34(1), 65-81.
- Tomaselli, K. & Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2015) Public self-expression: Decolonising researcher–researched relationships, Communicatio: South African Journal of Communication Theory and Research, 41(3), 354-373. DOI: 10.1080/02500167.2015.1093328.
- Lange, M.E. & Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2015) Spirituality, shifting identities and social change: cases from the Kalahari landscape, HTS Teologiese Studies/Theological Studies, 71 (1), 11 pages. http:// dx.doi.org/10.4102/hts.v71i1.2985.
- Govender, E., Dyll-Myklebust, L., Delate, R., & Sundar, T. (2014) Social networks as a platform to discuss sexual networks: Intersexions and Facebook as catalysts for behaviour change, The African Communication Research Journal: Using Entertainment Formats in Educational Broadcasting, Vol. 6(1), 65-88.
- Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2014) Development narratives: the value of multiple voices and ontologies in Kalahari research, Critical Arts: South-North Cultural and Media Studies, 28(3), 521-538.
- Cardey, S., Garforth, C., Govender, E., & Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2013) Entertainment-Education Theory and Practice in HIV/AIDS Communication: A South African / United Kingdom comparison, Critical Arts: South-North Cultural and Media Studies, 27(3), 288-310.
- Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2013) Chapter 5. Blurring the lines: Rethinking Indigeneity research at Biesje Poort. In Lange M.E., Müller Jansen L., Fisher R.C., Tomaselli K.G. and Morris, D. (eds.) Engraved Landscape. Biesje Poort: Many Voices. Pretoria: Tormentosa, 81-87.
- Tomaselli, K.G., Dyll-Myklebust, L. & van Grootheest, S. (2012). Personal/Political Interventions via
- Autoethnography: Dualisms, Knowledge, Power and Performativity in Research Relations. In Holman Jones, S.,
- Adams, T.E., Ellis, C. (eds.) The Handbook of Autoethnography. California: Left Coast Books, 576-594.
- Teer-Tomaselli, R. & Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2012) Chapter 26. Finding Yourself in the Past, the Present, the Local and the Global: Potentialities of Mediated Cosmopolitanism as a Research Methodology. In Volkmer, I. (ed.) Handbook of Global Media Research. UK: Wiley Blackwell, 451-470.
- Dyll-Myklebust, L. & Finlay, K. (2012) Chapter 9. Action (Marketing) Research and Paradigms in Partnerships: A Critical Analysis of !Xaus Lodge. In Tomaselli, K. (ed.) Cultural Tourism and Identity: Rethinking Indigeniety. Leiden: Brill, 119-136.
- Dyll-Myklebust, L. (2012) Chapter 13. Public-Private-Community Partnership Model for Participatory Lodge (Tourism) Development. In Tomaselli, K. (ed.) Cultural Tourism and Identity: Rethinking Indigeniety. Leiden: Brill, 180-214.
Other accomplishments in past 5 years
2016. Recognised as a College of Humanities (UKZN) Emerging Scholar based on 2015 research productivity.
2015. Recognised as a College of Humanities (UKZN) Emerging Scholar based on 2014 research productivity.
2014. Awarded a Guest Fellowship at the Bayreuth Academy of Advanced African Studies for the project “Future Africa – Visions in Time”.
2012. Staff Excellence Award in College of Humanities (UKZN): Outstanding Contribution to Teaching.